Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for a flexible and patient CP for a short fantasy story!

Looking for a flexible and patient CP for a short fantasy story!

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for a flexible and patient CP for a short fantasy story!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

meli
    Participant

Heyyyy ladiezzzzzz.

My name is Meli, and I’m sorta writing a little something something I’d like extra eyes on.
    It’s a three-part fantasy story. I’ve just finished the first part (it’s only 20 pages!), and I’m looking for some no-nonsense critiquing. If I carry out all three parts, it will be story with central themes in loss of family, moral corruption, and feminism all set in an impossible past fantasy realm as the backdrop. The first part centers on two wealthy sisters just as the eldest becomes engaged. This first section of the story is set 20 years in the past from when the second and third parts are.

I’m currently serving abroad for the Peace Corps, which means I’m LOADED with free time, and down af to critique others as well.

If interested, please send me a message!

But before you do, I have a few words of honesty:
    One, I’m not a professional writer, this is not my life’s work and I’m not a disciplined Olympian with it.
    Two, for me, fantasy writing relieves some of the pressure of having a loud and heavy inner world. That means I can be a bit sporadic with my willingness and motivation to sit down and write when the pressure isn’t so great. I’m more like one of those writes-30-pages-in-a-day-and-doesn’t-write-again-for-a-year type of gal.
    Three, Not only am I not a professional writer, but I may just downright stink at this (That’s where you come in to tell me so!). I’ve got a lot to learn. It may signify that I might not be the most strongest critiquing partner in turn. But man, will I try!
    Four, basically, I’m here to learn. Anyone with the patience to constructively criticize a 20-something year-old’s shitty piece of writing is my hero. Mold me into greatness, Queens of the Craft!

-Meli

aaroncadena
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Would love if you guys check out my new book “The Hive: The Matriarch Saved”

Here’s a short summary:
    When Earth is invaded, Evonne witnesses her family’s deaths and wakes up imprisoned in a room with other women of childbearing age. They undergo torturous experiments before being rescued by seemingly human alien warriors on a reconnaissance mission. Evonne’s ordeal has unleashed new abilities in her, powers she can’t fully understand or control.

Would love to know your guys thoughts 🙂

You can get a sneak peek of the first chapter on my website: http://jyobooks.com 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.