Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for a writing buddy and critique partner for historical romance

Looking for a writing buddy and critique partner for historical romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for a writing buddy and critique partner for historical romance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sarahs
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m currently working on a love inspired historical book that I hope to submit to Harlequin by July 1st. I’m about 1/3 of the way through writing it, and would love to have a writing buddy! I’m looking for someone who’s interested in historical romance (of course) and is familiar, or willing to get familiar, with Harlequin’s love inspired historical branch. I really need a writing partner in crime to bounce ideas around, brainstorm, and trudge through the notoriously hideous writer’s block swamp with. Reading the story, maybe chapter by chapter as I write it, would be awesome, and it would also give me a sense of accountability. Up until now the idea of a book has been incredibly personal, and I haven’t told anyone that I’m writing! It goes without saying that all of this would be reciprocated! I would love to help someone else accomplish their writing goals!

If it sounds like we might be a good match, let’s talk a bit more and figure out if our writing personalities are compatible!

Tyonca
    Participant

First off Hello Sarah. Next I love Historical romance, it is one of my favorite genres to read. I am not joking Jude Deveraux and Tressa Medeiros are my two favorite authors. I own almost of of Jude Deveraux books and have read most of them to the breaking point. I might have about 50 historical romance books and a few more on my Nook. I would love to help you out. I can come up with some pretty great idea’s, I also know a few tricks on how to help with writer block. I can help with the brainstorming and just bouncing around idea’s.
    As of now I have two finished books that hasn’t hod much editing done to them, if any at all. But one of them it’s like something feels like it is missing and I am just trying to figure out what it is. The other I wrote with a co-author and we are taking a little break to work on our own thing before we go at it again. So I am between projects wanting to help out others if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks for reading. I will also tell you sentence structure, spelling and grammar is my down fall as a writer because I am so bad at it. If you can look past those things I think I could help you out. If I am not what your looking for, that’s fine. The way you seem to feel about your story is really great and I know you will do great at it and that you will find the right person to help you.

sarahs
    Participant

Hi Tyonca! Thanks so much for replying! Are you familiar with the Love Inspired Historical line or any of the Love Inspired books published by Harlequin? I’m going for a super specific publisher, and I want to make sure that I hit the mark. What a wonderful accomplishment to have two book completed!

Tyonca
    Participant

I don’t know of them, but it won’t take long to figure it out. I am a bit of a research freak. I’m sure I could get my hands on a few things they have published and compare the work.

Thanks, but each book is still in its raw form. I haven’t gone back through them yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.