Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Looking for BETA readers & critique parteners

Looking for BETA readers & critique parteners

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Looking for BETA readers & critique parteners

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kerryann
    Participant

Hello Ladies:

I’m just shy of completing the second draft of my women’s fiction novel. No one has read it yet. I need some readers for general critique at first (plotline, holes, character development, etc) so I can fix all that, and then some in-depth critique.

I am very serious about being published.

A summary:

Evelyn “Evie” Brantley has wanted to kill her husband for the last year — too bad a car crash took care of that for her. But when the struggling, unemployed mom discovers a hidden safe in her late husband’s office, she realizes that even though her marriage, country club home, social life, and those last lingering pregnancy pounds have disappeared, her freckled nose has yet to scrape rock bottom. Instead of her vanished life savings, the safe holds a set of keys and a few papers alluding to blackmail, infidelity, and an illegitimate child.

Still reeling from the betrayal, whisks her codependent young son away to her late husband’s former playground of Costa Rica. With the help of some quirky new expat friends, Evie sets off on a wild-goose chase (technically, more like a wild-monkey chase) through a deceptive paradise, hoping to recoup some of her assets, confront his mistress, and confirm the paternity of the child. But while Evie chases ghosts, handsome resident surf bum Rye Wilder pursues her. Before she can be swept away by their building wave of attraction, Evie must save herself from drowning in the past, and learn to balance on her own awkward feet.

Hidden amongst Costa Rica’s black sand beaches, lush rainforests, and smoldering volcanoes lie the keys to heal her broken family, and the truths that may set her shattered heart free.

If anyone is interested, please email me at kskm07(at)gmail(dot)com.

Serious inquiries only, please.

Thanks–Kerry Ann

jane
    Participant

Hi,

Per your request, I have emailed you: )

Jane

Anonymous

I emailed you, too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.