Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP/ beta reader for time travel romance

Looking for CP/ beta reader for time travel romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP/ beta reader for time travel romance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hesterfox
    Participant

Hi there! I am brand-spanking-new to this forum as well as to romance. I’ve just finished my first MS ever, and I didn’t realize til I was finished that it falls into the this genre. Needless to say I feel a bit over my head.
    I would be so grateful to get a fresh pair of eyes on it, and while I’m not a seasoned romance writer I am more than willing to read/critique romance in return. I’d really love to find someone to be a long-term CP with, as I write a lot and would like to connect with other writers (it gets lonely!)

My MS is 120k (I know, I know, maybe you can help me get it down), but I am happy to swap chapters one at a time or whatever works best for my CP. There are some sex scenes but I think they’re pretty mild, and there are some swears peppered throughout the book. Graphic sex/ strong language doesn’t bother me at all.

If you want, feel free to peek at my profile to see if we’d be a good fit! This will be my first time sharing my work with anyone else, but I’m serious about writing and am ready for real feedback.

Thanks!

carriebess
    Participant

Hi! Can you tell me a little bit about your MS? WE might be able to help one another.

hesterfox
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply! I am still figuring out how to talk about my writing (which is turning out to be harder than I thought?), but basically it’s a love story set against the backdrop of a time-travel adventure. If you like time slip/ time travel books like Susanna Kearsley’s or Diana Gabaldon’s, this is more or less in the same vein. The locales and times are mainly in Medieval Europe- 1190s England and 15th century Italy. I have a short synopsis that I could send you too if that might help more.

I’m also working on another MS right now that doesn’t involve time travel in any way and is more of a straight forward historical romance. Hopefully at some point that will be ready for a second set of eyes too 🙂

I saw your post and would definitely be interested in working with you! Just let me know what you think, thanks!

carriebess
    Participant

Diana Gabaldon is a favorite of mine so we are speaking the same language. Who has signed first editions of the first three Outlander books? This girl, lol. I am very proud. And I have studied both the time periods you mention so perhaps I could be of help to you.
    Why don’t we trade synopses and go from there? My story has an elephant in the room that we can discuss and see if you are still interested in working with me.
    Thanks! My email is carolinedahnke@gmail.com

hesterfox
    Participant

Ooh, I’m totally intrigued! Emailing you now 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.