Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Looking for CP: Contemporary Comedy

Looking for CP: Contemporary Comedy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Looking for CP: Contemporary Comedy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tkmarnell
    Participant

Good afternoon, ladies!

I haven’t been active on this site for about a year, but I have a new work-in-progress that I’d like some fresh eyes to critique.

Genre: Contemporary Comedy

Elevator Pitch: A wannabe writer becomes a body double for a bestselling erotica author. Hilarity ensues.

The first four chapters are ready for beta reading, but it could be a few months before the rest is in decent shape.

I’ll critique any of the following genres in return: mysteries, chick lit, and general young adult or adult contemporary fiction. I’m also open to others, but I don’t do well with sci-fi, fantasy, speculative fiction, romances, thrillers, or anything dark and depressing. Light and fluffy, please!

marymendoza
    Participant

Sounds like fun. Bring it on.

mjp0117
    Participant

Me too! I’m interested. Let me know if I can exchange with you. I’m um…trying to be funny. I’d like to know if I am. 🙂

katierocks8884
    Participant

Hi! Just joined. I’m interested in jumping in. MY WIP is chick lit. I think it’s funny, but I’m not so sure everyone else will…

Elevator pitch: Down-on-her-luck pastry chef and Martha Stewart wannabe is forced to move home, and finds herself smack in the middle of her parents’ failing marriage.

If this sounds like something anyone else would want to beta, how do we go about that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.