Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for a Modern YA WIP

Looking for CP for a Modern YA WIP

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for a Modern YA WIP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

slenderfox
    Participant

Hi there! I’m working off a YA manuscript I wrote as my college thesis, and would like to expand upon it. It deals with mental illness in teens and how helpless it can leave the diagnosed as well as the family and friends. It’s written in first person, but the perspective changes. Since it is still in its early stages, I’d really love a critique partner who would be willing to work with me to expand upon the characters and plot, and to keep this going for a while. I also need someone who isn’t afraid to tell me what isn’t working! I can kill my darlings – trust me. I’d be happy to critique yours in return!

julieglover
    Participant

I also write YA contemporary and am looking for developmental stage feedback . I’m four years into writing, a lifetime into reading, and have learned a lot about the craft as I’ve gone along.

I have a master’s in counseling, so your topic of mental illness interests me.

My novel’s premise is less profound. Two best friends decide to share a boyfriend in high school; it’s a teenage polygamy arrangement. But the novel is really about how friendships change as teens move toward adulthood.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.