Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for a YA Fantasy Novel

Looking for CP for a YA Fantasy Novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for a YA Fantasy Novel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kaylinn57
    Participant

I have a completed draft of a YA Fantasy novel that I would like one to two more people to take a look at. The description of it can be found on my profile or my blog. It’s a first draft of a complete rewrite and currently stands at 64,995 words.

I’m looking for someone who can do a big picture critique focusing on pacing, characterization, overall cohesion, and appeal of the story and characters. The ideal person would have experience critiquing and possibly be interested in establishing a long term partnership.

I’m somewhat experienced at receiving and giving critiques. I would be more than happy to critique/read/beta in exchange. I’m pretty versatile and can read almost anything, even if it’s not my preferred genre. I read a wide range of books so I have experience with books in all sorts of styles and for a wide range of audiences.

If your interested, just let me know. 🙂

kimmydonn
    Participant

Heh, my first click and I’m already interested. 🙂
    I am micro-published, so I have some experience with publishing, though very limited. My novel has a fantasy feel although set on future earth. It’s post-apocalyptic renaissance. I have a sequel that I might try to trade services for.

I have been a beta reader for fanfiction for nearly two years. While my experience is mostly in chapter-by-chapter critiques, I am prepared for, can focus on, larger picture themes and pacing as required.

One big question: are you a putter-inner or a taker-outer? 😉 I’m definitely the former. My MS always come up a bit on the short side so someone else with experience in that area would be great! That said, I’m also very good at pointing out places to make trims (as I find this is the more common style of writing).

kaylinn57
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I sent you a PM response. 🙂

kate4472
    Participant

I be willing to look your story over… I also need a critique partner… Interested? Would you look over one of my short stories?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.