Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP for adult contemporary

Looking for CP for adult contemporary

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP for adult contemporary

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi! Very new to this forum, so I’m not sure exactly how this works, but I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m currently looking for a CP and this place looks great. 🙂

I just finished a contemporary romance. The book is finished and currently stands at 70k. It’s got suspense elements and both the hero and heroine have dark pasts. I’m told I write traditional stories, they’re deeply emotional. I write fully described love scenes and I like lots of passion, which this one has, but I don’t write anywhere near erotic.

I write clean, so it’s more of a second draft than a really raw first draft, but it’s not polished by any means, so I’m looking more for overall as opposed to technical stuff (grammar, punctuation, etc).

It’s not my first book. I’ve written something like six books now, and I have three published with small presses. I’ve been writing and critiquing for years. I’m looking for someone honest, who isn’t afraid to tell me the good and the bad, but who isn’t going to try and change my voice, my style or my vision for the book. Sadly, I say that because I’ve had it done to me one too many times.

I can critique anywhere from once a week to a couple times a week, depending. I read mostly contemporary, but I do have a love for historicals and most heat levels don’t offend me.

anyway, I think I’m writing a book here. lol I’d love to swap chapters and we can go from there. 🙂

solange
    Participant

Hi ladyscorpion:

I would like to partner with you. I have a soon to be released book, and could use a good critique. I write mid to high heat contemporary romance, and this is my fourth, with one paranormal thrown in the mix. I’ll soon be working on revising my paranormal, so I’m currently between takes. I’ve critiqued with CTRWA but I’m by no means a pro. Let me know.

Solange

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.