Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP for adult paranormal romance

Looking for CP for adult paranormal romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP for adult paranormal romance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eotto
    Participant

Happy Saturday,

I’m looking for a wonderful CP to provide really honest, nitty-gritty critique for my WIP.

My genre is adult paranormal romance focused on a male/female relationship. The storyline is set in modern day; however, the antagonists are centuries old demons with some historical ties that come to light in the plot. The M/F leads also have some kick-ass super-human abilities and a complicated path coming into their relationship.

If you love to read/write this genre yourself and aren’t afraid to tell it like it is, I’d love to consider you for a CP. I’m also looking to critique, so if you have a WIP that needs a pair of eyes, I’m happy to help you out in turn.

Thanks so much,

Elizabeth (You can call me Lisa)
    info@lisaotto.com

Anonymous

Hi Lisa,

Your genre is right up my alley and I’d love to take a look. I’m at 78K of my second novel which will come out in September, my first will be published in June by Montlake Romance. I wish you all the best with your writing career and I love the demon aspect of the storyline and the superhuman abilities. Could make for some amazing action scenes!

If you’d like to send a few sample chapters I will do the same. My email is jtgeissinger@yahoo.com. I can turn around within a week. Please let me know what specific kind of critique you are wanting. For me, I like to know if you connect with the characters, if there are glaring holes in the plot, if characters do something that doesn’t make sense, etc. as opposed to the copyediting critiques with spelling, punctuation, and the rest.

Best,

Joyce Geissinger

eotto
    Participant

Hi Joyce,

It sounds like we’re both looking for the same thing! I’d love the same critique elements that you’re after. I’m at 65,000 words and it is rough right now. I’m in the process of refining my first 4 chapters and would love to send them when they’re ready. I’ll touch base with you via email to so we can dig in a little more.

Thanks so much,

Lisa

Anonymous

Thanks, Lisa. I’m at 81K now and will be finished by 95K; my deadline is April 1st to turn in the 2nd ms. (Which, as of this point, has zero editing.)

You might want to power ahead through the entire ms and finish, then let it settle for a few weeks before you go back and start editing. It’s easier with a fresh eye to see things you can’t see now because you’re too deep in it. Also, it will be easier to “kill your children” and cut things out that don’t work if you haven’t spent too much time editing chapter by chapter. I usually do an entire rough draft first, let it sit for a few weeks, do edit pass one, let someone read it and give feedback, then do edit pass two incorporating their suggestions if necessary. The final edit is for the minor copyediting/formatting stuff. I got too stuck in my first ms because I kept going back to earlier chapters to edit before I finished the whole thing!

doodlescaboodles
    Participant

Hi, my name is Paulette and I am looking for a critique partner as well. if you are still interested in another partner, please let me know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.