Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for contemporary YA novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for contemporary YA novel
brennaelizabeth

Participant

I am currently looking for a critique partner for my contemporary young adult novel. It is kind of like a high school version of the Great Gatsby, though not the characters or setting, simply the message. The Great Gatsby is what inspired me to write this story. It is about seventeen-year-old Lila Prescott and the summer she experiences after she graduates from high school. She has always been an outsider and flown under the radar but when she crashes a popular kid’s party with her best friend Katie Fisher, this all changes. All of sudden Lila is tempted by a life of partying, drinking, romance, gossip and beauty. She is forced to discover not only who her true friends are, but also who she really is.
It’s a little hard to explain but if you are interested please e-mail me at brennapinckard@hotmail.ca . I am willing to do weekly critiques that are long and detailed. I would prefer critiquing contemporary YA but am also open to urban fantasy or just plain fantasy as I have read a lot of those genres. Let me know if you want to be my critiquing partner! I hope to have a lot of fun reading your story 🙂
Also, I am only 32, 000 words into my novel, it is not finished but I plan to finish it by September. Not sure if this is important or not, but thought I would mention it.

elliebellie
Participant

Hi brennae, I’m very interested in your story! It would be an honor if you could send me your first chapter ( elliebelliesalsbury@gmail.com ) and we can start from there:)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.