Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / Looking for CP for easy reader and/or YA

Looking for CP for easy reader and/or YA

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / Looking for CP for easy reader and/or YA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cjcure
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m looking for a critique partner for an easy reader I’ve written. I’ve also written a YA novel (contemporary chick-lit), so if you would like to critique one or both of them, I’d appreciate it! I’m happy to read yours as well! I’m used to writing and reviewing realistic, contemporary fiction.

Thank you,
    Cassie

ClareLamparter
    Participant

Hi Cassie, did you find a CP for your easy reader? I’m new to this site, but am interested in trading critiques. I’ve written some picture books and would love to get some feedback. Let me know if you’re interested. Thank you,
    Clare Lamaparter

amber
    Participant

Hi Cassie and Clare,

Are you still looking for a critique group? If so, I would be interested in forming a group with you. I have written about 95% of my first book, a children’s chapter book for the 7 to 10 year age range. On the surface, it’s a simple story about a first grade girl who wants a dog more than anything. However, there are also deeper layers to the book, such as gay families, adoption, and how work pressures affect family life. It is important that I maintain a positive, non-violent theme that reflects the characters’ supportive voices (as opposed to books that tend to knock people down figuratively or literally). Though the protagonist is emotionally strong, she is not whiny or depressed, but instead is very positive, smart, and fun. If this sounds like something you’re interested in working with, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Amber

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.