Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for CP for fairy tale influenced fantasy novel

Looking for CP for fairy tale influenced fantasy novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for CP for fairy tale influenced fantasy novel

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

staceyann
    Participant

Hey, this is kind of all new to me, so excuse me if this seems awkward. I’m on the brink of finishing my first full length novel. (I have three other novels, but they’re quite short and need a lot more work than the one I’m currently working on.) I’m at 70,000 of about 100,000-115,000 words and am serious about working on getting this one published.

I have an estimated due date that I installed for myself at the end of August, but if my new job leaves enough time for it I could finish before then. So right now I’m just looking to get to know some other people on here and maybe exchange a few chapters. I guess this is the part where I tell you what my novel is about now. 🙂

As the title says it’s heavily fairy tale influenced. What that means on the broad scale is that my country has twelve princesses and each princess represents a classic fairy tale or folk lore character. This book starts off with the tale of cinderella, but not your typical cinderella story.

It features gender reversals. What I mean by that is you have a princess, Thalia, and then you have the lowly servant boy–Eldan–who is living under the cruel hand of his step father and two step brothers. Though it starts with the fairy tale references it evolves into a journey to the Capitol to meet Thalia’s queen mother and her eleven other sisters, and then takes our two characters back out into the country as they try to escape those who are trying to assassinate them.

In the process they get separated and have to combat Rover’s, witches, and the continued presence of their would-be-killers while trying to find each other and stay alive. Has centaurs, dragons, magic, romance and action 🙂

If this sounds interesting message me and we can start getting to know each other

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.