Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for CP for fantasy romance

Looking for CP for fantasy romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for CP for fantasy romance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sidojapon
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I’m new to this website and very excited to be here! I’m looking for either a beta-reader or critique partner for my ongoing WIP. I’m in the process of writing a fantasy romance (could also be considered YA) and am looking for someone to either give me feedback for each chapter or do a bi-weekly chapter swap.

Here’s a tentative synopsis: In a world filled with ancient gods and magic, humans make pacts with gods in order to obtain some magical ability. Alena and Katell never made pacts with any gods and yet as the two sisters escape a death penalty they discover they have been gifted after all. Favoured by the gods, they struggle to find themselves and reunite with each other in a world filled with wars and death.

Romance is included although it isn’t the main focus. The story is set in an alternate version of ancient Europe (think Roman Empire, Greeks, Celts…).

I have been a beta reader before and have dabbled in critique. I write in British English and am not the best with grammar, but I can definitely help with plot, consistency, character reviews and setting. I will also give inline critique and text revisions of course.

I look forward to hearing from you! ?

allyson
    Participant

Hello,
    My name is Allyson Martin. I’d love to help you out in exchange for the same thing. We can do any schedule that suits you as I am a full time writer.

My book is a YA novel about a young girl who nightmares become real.
    Let me know if you are interested.

sidojapon
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the reply! I sent you a PM through the site 🙂

zwegersmel
    Participant

Hello!

I know this is a belated reply, but I am brand-new to the site and looking around for similar YA fantasy critique partners. I’m intrigued by the historical, romantic, and fantastical elements of your story, and would love to exchange first pages/chapters to see if it might be a good fit! My completed manuscript is a 54,000 word Morocco-inspired adventure about a girl, Namira, who can wield the sands and a sword. There’s a prince in disguise, a goat-less goat-herder boy, a fiery bellydancing girl, and bandits aplenty.

Let me know if this would be of interest to you, and I hope we can make something work!

All the best,
    Melanie

meganmoutsatsos
    Participant

Hey!

My name is Megan, and oh my gosh, scrolling through the YA section, I knew I would hate myself if I didn’t offer to be your CP! 🙂 I’m also in the process of writing a romantic fantasy, and it’s set in Egypt during the Middle Ages. Not quite Ancient, but very close.

I too have had some experiencing in Beta reading/critiquing, and would love to be of help sorting out plot holes (if there are any), consistency, flow, characters, and just the general response and vibe I get as a reader.

All of what you can give as a CP is what I can give back. Please message me if you are interested! 🙂

-Meg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.