Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for CP for fantasy/fairytale for older children/young teens

Looking for CP for fantasy/fairytale for older children/young teens

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for CP for fantasy/fairytale for older children/young teens

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

hikermama
    Participant

To introduce myself, I’m a busy working mom with absolutely no professional experience in writing, but have always loved reading, and dabbled in writing as a hobby during my preteen and teen years. My favorite authors are Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Laura Ingles Wilder. I also also enjoy Jane Austin, Andre Norton, Jack London, and the classics like the Iliad and the Odessy, and I LOVE fairytales and folktales, especially the ones that you don’t hear of all the time.

The story I’m working on now started as a serial bedtime story that I began telling to my kids each night, making it up as I went. I took some of the ideas from the oral story and added a lot more structure to the plot. The story is still mainly for my own kids, but I want it to be the best it can be, and maybe self-publish as an ebook so that others can enjoy it. My kids are preschoolers now but it’s turned into a story for older children or young teens (they’ll grow into it :-).

The story is about the Mountain Gnomes and the Guardians of the Pines, two groups of miniature people who live in an ancient mountain forest. They share a common ancestry but each have their own cultures, and are somewhat at odds with each other.

Anne is the crown Princess of Singing Pine, the capital city of the Guardians, who see it as their responsibility to save the forest from pine beetles. When Anne’s young relative is poisoned by a giant spider and carried off, she finds herself on a mission to rescue him. She has a chance meeting with Peter, a handsome young Gnome warrior (in fact the first Gnome that Anne has ever seen) who offers his assistance. Can she trust him, or is the whole thing a sinister plot arranged by the Gnomes to capture her? Can Anne and Peter overcome their differences to accomplish the task at hand?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.