Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for CP for Political/Dystopian/Women's Fiction

Looking for CP for Political/Dystopian/Women's Fiction

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for CP for Political/Dystopian/Women's Fiction

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jacquiwrites
    Participant

I am seeking a CP and writing buddy for my new 71,000 word manuscript. This is my first novel, but I am a published journalist with significant editing experience. My strengths include word building, character development, and scene setting. I could use a little help (someone to bounce ideas off of) concerning action scenes and balancing dialogue and narrative. If you think that we would be a good fit, and wouldn’t shy away from a novel with strong political/progressive undertones I would love to connect!

Decades after The Seclusion, during which America constructed massive border walls and sealed itself off from the outside world, thirty-one year old Patricia Evans lives within the panoptic nightmare of a total surveillance state. History and geography are classified, and any attempt to find out the truth regarding the world at large, past or present, is considered to be treason. Anyone who fails to toe the line finds themselves on the receiving end of Law Enforcement’s directed energy weapons. Those who escape summary execution are drafted into the military, an organization whose activities beyond the border are unknown to everyday citizens.

While on a routine assignment scouting the viability of dwindling natural resources outside the massive urban centers most citizens call home, Patricia and her co-worker Rexx discover a relic from the past containing dangerous contraband—unedited books from before The Seclusion. These texts will spark an unquenchable thirst for the truth and start Patricia off on a journey of discovery. The true history of her family and her country will begin to unfold, and Patricia will be forced to determine the lengths to which she will go to protect the former from the latter.

frantastic1993
    Participant

Hi there, I literally just joined the site and when looking through the Coffee Shop forum came across your listing. I have to say I’m intrigued! Not only does it sound like an interesting concept anyway, but considering the world at the moment, very relevant!
    I have been told I have a knack for dialogue so your mentioning of needing that area looked at seems promising, and I am usually pretty good at the whole balancing act (always a headache when considering the editing process!). So I would love to maybe have a look at your first chapter – that way we can both see if we’re a fit? You seeing how I critique, and I can see how you write? I am new here, as I said before, so I’m just trying out the waters in all honesty.
    I am also looking for a critique partner, but my current project (although I do have others) is rather less… intense shall we say? I am having more of a ‘laid back’ project this time around and its more Fantasy based, as I’m wanting to look into Self-publshing and have done well with the story (its wordcount is currently around 95,000 unedited) thus far on writing sites. But really we can chat about that if you want to look into this arrangement any further.
    I have done editing/beta-reading and such for many people before, so I am well practised and pretty fast at doing it as well. Let me know if you want to give this a go!
    All the best, Francesca

jacquiwrites
    Participant

Hi Francesca. Thank you for the reply! I have actually already begun working with a critique partner. I would love to trade a beta read in the future after we have both finished our critique rounds.

lunabelle
    Participant

Hello, your novel sounds very interesting and topical, I love it. If you are looking for someone to bounce ideas off of and talk about writing, let me know, otherwise I would be interested in critiquing with you once the queue in front of me clears up.

frantastic1993
    Participant

Hi Jacqui, no problem, glad to hear you already have someone though! Means the site is regularly active! A beta swap sounds wonderful, I shall keep you in mind! Good luck with everything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.