Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for YA contemporary romance

Looking for CP for YA contemporary romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP for YA contemporary romance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

chrissysm73
    Participant

I’m looking for a CP for my finished manuscript (82,000 words). It’s a YA contemporary romance that is inspired by an accident involving five teenagers from my community where a boy and girl were killed. A sixteen-year-old girl was driving recklessly. The book focuses on a fictional character named Grace who suffered the same fate. I follow her struggle to forgive herself for taking two lives, while trying to make up to the boy who survived the crash in a small town where everyone now hates her.

The premise of my book is to explore how a young teenage girl would deal with the guilt of causing the death of not one, but two of her friends. I couldn’t imagine going through that, and I’m an adult. How could a someone who is basically still a child live with themselves?

I love to read and am happy to swap books. I am into contemporary right now but have read and written YA fantasy and paranormal romance books as well. I’m hoping to find someone like minded and dedicated. I’m a fast reader but haven’t done this too much. I promise to be honest and as helpful as I can.

If anyone is interested let me know,
    Christina

rberquist
    Participant

Hi Christina,

I’m interested! My current WIP is a YA science fiction novel, complete at 80,000 words. However it’s not hard sf and really intended to appeal to readers that love contemporary YA, so I think we’d be a good match! Your story sounds really compelling. Here is one sentence summary of my WIP, “THE ATLEAN is BEAUTIFUL CREATURES meets I AM NUMBER FOUR meets BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and follows high school senior Will Harmon who falls in love with a girl from another dimension, sworn to protect humanity from an invasion.”

Thanks!

Rachel

chrissysm73
    Participant

Hi Rachel,
    Sounds good. I sent you a private message.
    Christina

readingwritingandme
    Participant

Hello!
    If you are still interested in another critique partner, I would love to swap a few sample chapters. Your premise sounds amazing! I also write YA contemporary. My manuscript is about 76,000 words and is about a girl coping with a past romantic relationship gone horribly wrong and her fragmented family. I have never done a formal critique though I do have editing experience. I also read extensively in the YA contemporary genre (120 books last year) and review them for my book review blog Reading, Writing, and Me.

chrissysm73
    Participant

Hi Lauren, I sent you a private message.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.