Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP: Low Fantasy YA

Looking for CP: Low Fantasy YA

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP: Low Fantasy YA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

misssophieleigh
    Participant

I’ve just finished my full first draft of my Low Fantasy YA series (working title: Layogenic), and I’m looking for someone to be my critique partner as I edit each chapter. While I have drafted the entire trilogy, my focus right now is towards just the first book. A blurb: Sawyer Harlem finds a diary in his attic dated 1666, the time of the plague and Great Fire of London. After a bit of reading, his best friend, Isobel, is under the impression that the woman who owned this diary survived that plague and fire, and Isobel wants to find a descendant with whom to share this amazing survival story. Things get interesting when they find this descendant, and he turns out to be that woman’s son. In other words: he was born among a place of death, which has some lifelong consequences.

Content/trigger warning: The storyline of one of the characters (one not mentioned in the blurb) revolves around dealing with a serious eating disorder while all this plot is happening, so if that’s something that could harm/trigger you, I’d suggest that you don’t engage with this.

katelyn2442
    Participant

I would be willing to critique if you are interested in reading a YA coming-of-age novel (you can see it in the post on the forum right under yours). My book deals with death and grief, if you are able to handle that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.