Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP/Beta for YA Fantasy

Looking for CP/Beta for YA Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CP/Beta for YA Fantasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

emmy-r-s
    Participant

I am looking for someone interested in exchanging chapters to see if we would work as CPs. My manuscript is 109k words. It is a YA fantasy featuring multi-POV third-person. The POV changes with each chapter. Some books that have influenced me are Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instrument Series, almost everything by Holly Black and, of course, Harry Potter. I’m also a huge fan of the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, anything by Rainbow Rowell and Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles.

Here is a short blurb for my MS…
    Best friends Lyzzi and Julian have been bounced from one eccentric foster home to the next. Neither can remember much of their pasts, but they suspect there are pieces missing from their childhood memories. The two teens meet Nicky, Julian’s shy new neighbor, and together they stumble into a magical yet familiar world. Thrust out of her comfort zone and into a country warring against a corrupt regime, Nicky makes a dangerous friend while Lyzzi and Julian contend with the truth of who they are as they struggle to survive.

As far as my critique style goes I tend to like to give and receive an overall impression of the MS before line editing. I’ve had critique partners in the past who just kind of never got back to me after critiquing half my manuscript. That doesn’t work for me b/c I feel like you can’t accurately judge a plot until you know the ending.

If you’re interested in swapping a sample of each other’s work please message me. Thanks!

rberky11
    Participant

Hi!

I’m interested in potentially being CPs. I also write YA, and I love the authors you mentioned, especially Rainbow Rowell because she is the best. Would you like to swap a few chapters first to see if we’re compatible?

Thanks!

Rachel

brynn
    Participant

Hi, if you’re still looking, I’m hoping to swap chapters with someone as well. I also write YA fantasy – my book is about 80k words. Here’s a brief summary:

When a strange disease kills the entire middle generation of Blue Earth, the tensions between the Aero Empire and Aqua Empire become deadly. The elders are left to raise the young and resources are depleting. People will do anything to survive – including enslaving children.
    After Matia Magnolia is captured by the Aqua empire, she is forbidden to use her connection with the wind to do the only thing she loves: fly. She ignores the rules and practices flying, plotting to escape for years, meanwhile working for the people she was raised to hate. At 14 years old, she is finally able to fly away from the slave camp of Natch. But her best friend is left behind. Alone. Left to be worked to death.

Let me know if you’re interested in trying out a chapter or two to see if we’re a good fit.

Thanks,
    Brynn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.