Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP/Beta Reader for NA Contemporary Romance

Looking for CP/Beta Reader for NA Contemporary Romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for CP/Beta Reader for NA Contemporary Romance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lindseymf
    Participant

Hey everyone! My current MS has been heavily edited, so I’m more in need of a beta read, rather than a full critique – though I’m always open to critique suggestions. I’m more concerned with a few big-picture issues. Of course, I’m open to cping/beta reading in return. 🙂 Here’s my current query:

Audra is only alive because Emily isn’t. After the heart transplant, Audra vowed to make good use of her gift. Go to college. Declare a major. Give dating a try. (You know, live.) When Emily’s unfinished bucket list winds up in her hands, she sees it as a perfect way to repay her debt and adopts it as her own.

Completing the list leads to piano lessons from Emily’s brother, Jake, the unobtrusive, art major with a fondness for the color black. Despite the walls he tries to hide behind, he’s easy to like and all too easy to fall for. As their lessons continue, he offers to help with the rest of the list—even the weird ones like pie-smashing and rainbow-chasing. Then Jake admits why he won’t talk about his sister. He doesn’t believe the bullshit story about how she died.

Unraveling the mystery behind Emily’s death means collecting secrets and pushing Jake’s trust, but she’s willing to—if it brings him the peace and closure he so desperately needs. But Audra may have overestimated her detective skills, and underestimated her knowledge of Jake and his haunted past. One wrong move could shatter his trust and end up breaking both their hearts.

kelley
    Participant

I’d be up for reading your story! Let me know if you’re interested! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.