Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CPs for a YA fantasy!

Looking for CPs for a YA fantasy!

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for CPs for a YA fantasy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

moiraaward
    Participant

Hi, all! I’m looking for a critique partner who reads/writes YA fantasy. I’m fairly far along in the revising process, but I’d like another set of writerly eyes on my plot before I delve too deeply into prose edits. My WIP’s working title is The Summer Crown and is currently sitting at 63k words. It’s told third person with five separate points of view alternating throughout the story. There isn’t any explicit sexual content or overly graphic violence, but there is mild swearing and allusions to past emotional/sexual abuse. All of the main characters are LGBT+ and there is a prominent f/f relationship, as well as a nonbinary MC.

Set in a world inspired by ancient Rome, The Summer Crown is about an exiled guard named Siora Veris who was forced to leave the palace in disgrace after failing to save the Princess. When the Queen threatens war with a neighboring country, Siora has to travel back to her former home to prevent the bloodshed before it can begin, but in order to save the peace of the valley she has to choose between the family that cast her out and the family she’s found on her own.

I have some experience critiquing, but I’m still learning the ins an outs of this process. If you’re interested, please either reply to this thread or send me a message, I’d love to get in touch!

booksandbreadcrumbs
    Participant

Hi! I also read/write YA fantasy. The Summer Crown sounds very interesting, and I’m always interested in queer, especially sapphic, fantasy. Also found families are something I am trash for.
    My WIP’s working title is Royals and Runaways and it is sitting at 89k right now. It’s currently told in third person with one point of view, but I’m seriously considering changing that to first person point of view and adding another point of view. There’s no explicit sexual content, but there is some violence and emotional abuse. All of the main characters are members of the LGBT+ community.

I’m trying to write a small bit on what it’s about, but I’ve unfortunately always struggled with that. Royals and Runaways follows an anxious bi young woman named Wilhelmina who runs away from home and after a mix up at an inn ends up traveling with a pair of siblings to the coast. Things get complicated when guards chase after them all and Wilhelmina is set off on an adventure teaches her she’s much more capable than she ever imagined.

I have a little experience critiquing but definitely have lots to learn.

moiraaward
    Participant

Hi! Your WIP sounds so cool! I just followed you on Twitter as @moiraaward because it’s a little more convenient to talk on there. I’m looking forward to hearing more about your WIP and seeing about swapping chapters!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.