Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for crit partner(s)

Looking for crit partner(s)

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Looking for crit partner(s)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wynng
    Participant

Hi. I’ve been writing for a long time, but am just now making a serious push toward publication. The MS I’m revising now is probably going to wind up being two or possibly three books; it’s a family saga/romance. I’d like a critique of the first couple of chapters (maybe 15K?) for now, just checking for general appeal and coherence plus any other observations a reader might have.

There are some elements of violence (my MMC is a former US Marine combat veteran who is getting into the MMA world, and my FMC has a fisty ex-husband in her rear view mirror) later on in the work – not, of course, in the first three chapters. There will be some sex. Although I wouldn’t call it erotica, at this stage of revision it’s a little steamier than “discreet.”

I have some experience with critiquing and I read fast. Anyone interested in trading some chapters? Chick-lit and women’s fiction, and mainstream stuff might be my best fit. I read fantasy, YA (dystopian future or not), and sci-fi but don’t write them; I don’t mind magical realism but I’m probably going to roll my eyes at, say, a werewolf male lead. That is, if you’re writing paranormal stuff I’m not going to be a good match for you.

Anybody interested in trading a couple of chapters?

amichael
    Participant

Hello Wynn!

Your needs/ MS seems like something I’d be interested in! I have some experience with critiquing, and, like you, read fast. My intent is to push for publishing as well; hopefully by the end of 2016. So, maybe we can chat- see if we’d be a good fit for one another- and go from there?

I am also seeking critique on the first three chapters of the Romantic Crime/Thriller/Suspense MS (however one would like to categorize it) that is still very much in the works!

Let me know! 🙂

-Amanda Michael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.