Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / Looking for Critique Group for Children's Chapter Book (7 to 10 years)

Looking for Critique Group for Children's Chapter Book (7 to 10 years)

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / Looking for Critique Group for Children's Chapter Book (7 to 10 years)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

amber
    Participant

I have written about 95% of my first book, a children’s chapter book for the 7 to 10 year old age range. On the surface, it’s a simple story about a first grade girl who wants a dog more than anything. However, there are also deeper layers to the book, such as gay families, adoption, and how work pressures affect family life. It is important that I maintain a positive, non-violent theme that reflects the characters’ supportive voices (as opposed to books that tend to knock people down figuratively or literally). Though the protagonist is emotionally strong, she is not overly dramatic, but instead is very positive, smart, and fun.

I’m looking to find a critique group with people who are:
    – available to start right away
    – committed
    – able to offer critiques of several chapters each week
    – easy going and have a sense of humor
    – understand and support the theme and tone of my writing described above

If this sounds like something you’re interested in working with, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Amber

tzippo
    Participant

Hi Amber,

Check out your local chapter of SCBWI, Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.

Best of Luck,

Tzippo. ; )

amber
    Participant

Thank you! I have heard of SCBWI before and will check them out again.

Catherine Schockett
    Participant

I would be interested. I am also in the process of writing my first children’s chapter book. I would love to find a critique partner or group!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.