Home / Forums / List of Forums / Mainstream Fiction Novels / Looking for Critque Partner for General Fiction/Gay Fiction work

Looking for Critque Partner for General Fiction/Gay Fiction work

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Mainstream Fiction Novels / Looking for Critque Partner for General Fiction/Gay Fiction work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chelztoddbrooke
    Participant

So I am finally getting down to brass tacks with a novel I’ve been working on for 2 years and I am finding without any sort of accountability I am struggling.

I am hoping to groom this work for eventual publishing so I need a beta as well as accountability for completion.

My draft is unfinished, but I have it mapped out and have done a lot of the background work.

It’s a bit of a quirky tale, here is the synopsis:

In a small tourist town, a group of drag queens watch their careers literally go up in flames when the club they perform at catches fire. Faced with an uncertain future, can the queens pull together and build something bigger and better than before or will their personal desires, goals, and struggles force them apart for good?

In exchange I will read and critique any work, regardless of genre. My strength is character development.

sarah679
    Participant

If you’re still looking for a CP, let me know! I write women’s fiction/general fiction and recently sold my first novel, which is a romantic comedy set in Silicon Valley. I’d love to find someone to help read as I go through editorial revisions on this book, plus to trade chapters with on future works. My background is in screenwriting and while I have a lot of great writer friends in that world, I don’t have many people I can reach out to for notes on a novel, hence why I’m here. I’m happy to read if you’re interested!

chelztoddbrooke
    Participant

I am definitely interested. I would be happy to help.

I have a heavy fan fiction background so while I have a substantial following for those works I have trouble finding people to read my original work, except my friends who are very little help when it comes to constructive feedback.

You can DM me or email me at Chelsea.m.hawk@gmail.com

sarah679
    Participant

Thanks for responding – just sent you an email!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.