Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking to swap about 96K

Looking to swap about 96K

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking to swap about 96K

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

risu
    Participant

Howdy everyone!

I’m looking to start an exchange with someone. My current WIP is an epic fantasy, the second book in a series. I’m still in the first-draft-writing stage, and I’ll freely admit that the ending word count is going to be huge. But right now, I’ve got 96K in working order, and I would be willing to do a similar word count exchange.

Since this is the second book in a series, I’m aiming to get feedback from someone who doesn’t know me on whether the world mechanics are understandable, and if there is enough/not-too-much information to give the general gist of what happened in the previous book without leading to confusion. I’ll also happily take grammar notes if they’re provided, or any other sentence related issues. I have a history of writing inappropriately unconcerned characters, and I am terrible at identifying when I’m missing emotion and what emotion it is that I’m missing, so I encourage notes of “she should be sad here” or “he should really be freaking out more”.

It’s a world of elementals and humans, deities and monsters, guardians and new races arriving on their shores. It’s told in third person from multiple POVs.

If anyone is interested, feel free to post here, send a private message, or hit me up via email at shinobi.no.risu at gmail dot com.

Thanks all!

AlexandraSaffle
    Participant

Hi, RISU! I just posted that I needed a writing buddy as well. We might be compatible. Would you like to share first chapters?

risu
    Participant

Sure! Email me at shinobi.no.risu at gmail dot com, and we can exchange. 😀

arrivera
    Participant

Hello, Risu and Alexandra!
    Hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this, but I am an experienced writer also looking for critique partners. I’m working on the first draft of the conclusion to my Sci-Fi-Thriller (some magical realism and romance thrown in there, too) Trilogy and am in dire need of critique.
    As of right now, it’s about 75k words. I am very close to the big ending, but, like you Risu, my plot is complex and I need to know that I am not confusing the readers with too much information too quickly. Since it is the concluding book, there are many plot lines to tie up and I worry about the overall pacing.
    My main character is a guy with Daddy issues in his early thirties. POV is first-person.There is a fair amount of violence and travel to parallel worlds, as well as major environmental disasters woven throughout.
    You can check out my Amazon page to get a better idea of what to expect and then let me know if you’re interested in exchanging chapters.

risu
    Participant

Hey A.R. Rivera,

I’m game for a swap. As a former avid watcher of Sliders, I do have a taste for parallel worlds.

Would you be up to start with a 13K exchange? That will expose you to my POVs (though one doesn’t come back) and give an idea of my writing style. You can tell me if you want to put up after me after that. 😉

If you think starting there is fine by you, then feel free to email me!

Loni

risu
    Participant

Amy (May I call you Amy? I pulled it off your profile.),

I feel it’s necessary to warn you that I looked at your profile, and I see you don’t enjoy high fantasy. My story is epic high fantasy, so I give you this chance to back out of emailing me.

I do have an incomplete novella I can swap. It’s first person cattlepunk, told from the POV of a character from my epic high fantasy world. But I’ve only got 19K that’s in working order. My goal is to hit the end in 25K. If you want to give that a try, we can, and then take it from there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.