Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Motivational quotes & messages

Motivational quotes & messages

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Motivational quotes & messages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

Because writing is HARD sometimes. We all need a little pick me up and this has zero calories 😉

My thought for the day:

“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.”

– Henry David Thoreau

Why not share yours?

xaenyth
    Participant

Becoming a writer means being creative enough to find the time and the place in your life for writing.
    ~Heather Sellers

Sharra S
    Participant

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
    — Dr. Seuss

Jean Lauzier

“Start early and work hard. A writer’s apprenticeship usually involves writing a million words (which are then discarded) before he’s almost ready to begin. That takes a while.”
    ~David Eddings~

laura
    Keymaster

“Either you run the day or the day runs you.”

– Jim Rohn

Great for a Monday morning!

Susannah Friis
    Participant

When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing. ~Enrique Jardiel Poncela

Susannah Friis
    Participant

And the other one I love is from my writing course lecturer, Kim Wilkins – You can’t edit nothing!

laura
    Keymaster

Here is a bunch of inspiring videos for writers. I can’t wait to watch Haruki Murakami’s. Hope there is something for you on there!

http://www.onlinecollege.org/2009/11/01/100-inspiring-educational-videos-for-writers/

xaenyth
    Participant

Putting off an easy thing makes it hard. Putting off a hard thing makes it impossible.
    ~George Claude Lorimer

laura
    Keymaster

“Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen.”

~ Phillip Adams

strawberryfields70
    Participant

“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.” –William Arthur Ward. I’m imagining a pint of Haagen-Dazs at the moment.

Sharra S
    Participant

“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” –Neal Donald Walsh

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.