Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Need CP for YA Traditional Fantasy

Need CP for YA Traditional Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Need CP for YA Traditional Fantasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a completed novel of 130K words (perhaps you could help me shorten it) and I would love to switch with someone. I have never CP’d before, but I got my Bachelor’s degree in English, with a minor in editing, and during my internship I had to content-edit/substantive edit some lengthy articles. Now, I am a stay-at-home mom of four cute daughters and a hobbyist writer on the side. 🙂

I have always loved traditional fantasy (hence my story is along those lines) but I would love to help CP almost any genre as long as it’s … relatively clean? (Think mom of four little girls.)

My story blurb is as follows:
    In order to earn his knighthood, 16-year-old Gildred sets out on what should be an ordinary ordaining quest. His duty is simple: to find out why the country of Aradeth has stopped trading with his own country. But soon he discovers there is more to the story than his king knew, and he faces the choice of whether he wants to delve deeper into the goings-on, or return to be knighted, as is proper. Accompanied by two questionable companions (three, if you count Shadow), his choices put him front-and-center in a plot that could conceivably destroy the world of Men.

Simplistic, traditional story line but hopefully enough twists and turns and fun and pain and lessons to be learned to make it an enjoyable read.

My only caveat is, since my novel is finished and I am raring to go, I’m hoping to find someone who can look over it in a timely manner — preferably within a month’s time. I may be new, but I will take this very seriously if you do. 🙂

Thank you!

Hi Malingo!

I’m new here with similar circumstances as well (never CP, hobbyist writer and mum of three young kids)

My book is also a traditional YA fantasy with an african ethnic undertone. I’m targeting 80k words but got stuck at 40k so decided to break it into a 2 part book. I need motivation to finish up so if you”re willing to be a writing buddy for the long haul, I can look over your work within the one month time frame.

Direct message me if interested so we can exchange contacts and see how we can work together.

Thank you adejoke! And everyone who messaged me! I (think) I’ve got a critique partner for now, but may re-open if I end up needing a second perspective. 🙂

Yay for LadiesWhoCritique.com!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.