Home / Forums / List of Forums / Erotica / Need critique partner for novella-length m/m erotic romance

Need critique partner for novella-length m/m erotic romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Erotica / Need critique partner for novella-length m/m erotic romance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

acgormley
    Participant

This 54,000-word novella is the first of a trilogy that will ideally be self-published for ebook readers. It’s a gay erotic romance (meaning there’s smut, but also character development and character-centric plot.) I would love to find someone to work with on this!

leanna
    Participant

If you are still interested in a CP, please drop me a line and let me know…thanks!

novelconcepts
    Participant

Hi! I would be interested in working with you, but I’m wondering with all the publishers out there offering 40% royalties, why would you go the self publishing route? If you go self-published and you want to sell on Amazon and charge less than $2.99, Amazon takes home 70% just for listing it, and as much as the critique partner can help get your book to the editor’s attention, the content, line and copy edits that a good publishing house provides is worth it alone even if they didn’t also have the pre-existing market of people who want to buy your work.

Publishers only have a two year contract for your work if either of you do not want renew the contract. All you need to do is slap a different cover on (which you would have had to do anyway if you were going to self-publish) and get a new ISBN and you can self-publish the professionally edited manuscript to your hearts content. I’ve had work whose rights have returned to me, and I can tell you that the stuff still with the publishing house outsells the self-published titles four to one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.