Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / Non-traditional Publishing Avenues

Non-traditional Publishing Avenues

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / Non-traditional Publishing Avenues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thanks to your niece, son, student, neighbor do you have a great idea for a children’s book? You do…BUT…no idea how to get it published. Oh, you do know how to get it published…but your MS is lost in a slush pile. Grrreat.

Well, there are other options. Do you believe in your work?

Print it.

If it requires illustrations, then hit up your local college art class…and recruit.

Print it.

It doesn’t have to be a certain size or hard cover, just bound.

Print it.

Then, call up libraries, schools, sunday schools, play groups, play places, daycares…anywhere children are…parks, gyms, wherever. Set up some time to read your book to as many children as you can get in front of.

Make sure you have a stack of books with you for purchase, or even leave behinds for purchase.

Just like a local musician makes CDs, a local writer makes books.

Communities are built around supporting each other. So, put your work out there for others to enjoy…PRINT IT!

pamela
    Participant

Thanks, Karen, for the lovely boost of inspiration! I agree with everything you say! Downside, though, is the time and energy it would require. I’m definately not there yet. But I encourage all children’s writers to try it. Print it! Print it!

Thanks Pamela. What are you working on? I’m looking for a crit partner for my children’s series…(one book at a time). Are you interested. I’m getting set to query. And if I don’t get anywhere then I have an illustrator lined up and am going to print it! 🙂

pamela
    Participant

I have also written a few stories for a children’s series aimed for children in daycare settings. I’d enjoy reading yours. Send me a private message for more info.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.