Home / Forums / List of Forums / Publishing Advice & Help / Print on Demand (POD) Services: Comparisons

Print on Demand (POD) Services: Comparisons

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Publishing Advice & Help / Print on Demand (POD) Services: Comparisons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

Lulu vs Createspace: Which is more economical for the DIY author?
    http://aprillhamilton.blogspot.com/2009/03/lulu-vs-createspace-which-is-more.html

Self-Publishing Company Comparison: CreateSpace, Lulu or Lightning Source?

Self-Publishing Company Comparison: Amazon CreateSpace, Lulu or Lightning Source?

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

It depends where the author is. I chose Lulu because it’s worldwide, which means it’s cheaper for the author to order copies of her work (unless she uses the USonly format, which costs a fortune in shipping). Also it adapts better to European sizes – and I do also graphic novels, so I have to stick to whatever paper I find here, not going to look for the American comic book format, know what I mean? Lightning Source was only for English speaking countries (US/Canada and UK) when I checked, hence I ruled it out.

gwen
    Participant

Thanks Laura and Barbara! Has anyone heard of Book Baby? I looked at Lulu today. I didn’t understand what Lulu get’s out of publishing the books. How would a potential reader order a book published by Lulu? I’m looking at Create Space as well. I wish I knew someone who honestly can format for Kindle. Does anyone know someone? Thanks again Laura and Barbara!

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

seb4book
    Participant

i used Infinity for two of my books. Their prices were reasonable and they were easy to work with. I just published one of those books on kindle (for free) and am looking into createspace because it seems their royalty structure is more favorable since Amazon is the preferred online choice for sales.

christine75
    Participant

I published on Lulu.com earlier this year. Overall, I’m happy with their service, but I have had readers tell me that had issues with the site when trying to order my book.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.