Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / QUERIES: who’s sent them/working on sending them?

QUERIES: who’s sent them/working on sending them?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / QUERIES: who’s sent them/working on sending them?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

stefynoell
    Participant

I have edited the patooty out of my novel, so I sat down and wrote a query. And rewrote it. And rewrote it again. I have researched query writing for months, so I know all the rules, the do’s and dont’s, the format, etc.

I just really need someone to trade stories with while I am waiting for responses (or of course, possible silence) from the 7 agents I queried this week.

So, have any of you recently queried agents? Or are any of you looking to query soon? What are your experiences like so far?

shakespeare
    Participant

I’m about to query again. I’m on draft #3 of it… but it’s still not ready. Fortunately, I have to add to my agent list. I have 49 possibilities, but I want a bunch more.

Querying is a bit gut-wrenching… the last time I did it was about 5 years ago, though, and since most agents now do electronic queries, it’s a lot cheaper, at least. Turnaround times are faster, too.

I’ve decided I’m going to print all the rejections on nice paper, then wallpaper my office with them. I’ve racked up a few in the past, but I’m saving them until I get at least enough to fill a wall. It’s the only way I can embrace the process.

I wish you luck!

stefynoell
    Participant

Wow that’s brave! I would be too chicken to do something like that. LOL. But I guess that is a great way to keep yourself motivated! I got my first rejection today, but it was from an agent who only accepts queries alone, with no sample pages unless intrigued by the pitch. I’m still waiting on some sort of response from the others, though. *nervously twists hair into knots like a four year old*

I decided to query agents 5-7 at a time, that way if I get zero partial or full requests, I know that my query needs re-writing, and that way I haven’t blown all my chances at once. :-). Waiting 6-8 weeks for a response (or no response, rather) is the hard part about that method, though!

And good luck to you as well! Getting your foot in the door is the hardest about about this career, I believe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.