Home / Forums / List of Forums / Mainstream Fiction Novels / Seeking a Beta for Contemporary Novel

Seeking a Beta for Contemporary Novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Mainstream Fiction Novels / Seeking a Beta for Contemporary Novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

melissam
    Participant

I am unsure if my novel is more romance than mainstream, though the focus is not necessarily on the romantic relationships, but on the family relationships, there is some romance subplots. So I guess I am looking for someone who doesn’t mind that.

I don’t have the first draft completed yet, and am looking for a beta who would like to read in chunks. A few chapters here and there to make sure that things are unfolding in a straight manner and then when the draft is completed to make sure everything is cohesive.

A summary:
    Noelle, about to begin her own family, embarks on a search for the mother who abandoned her family when Noelle was six months old. Her brothers, Cam and Nick, have their own problems, with the scars of a physically absent mother and an emotionally absent father. As the search gets underway, the three of them face obstacles within the family who doesn’t want the search and the problems of finding someone who apparently doesn’t want to be found.

jane
    Participant

Hi Melissam,

Your novel sounds intriguing. Novels based on relationships that incorporate different genres like yours are my favorite.

I’m also writing a novel about relationships that incorporates different genres but unlike yours, mine is told from one girl/woman’s pov. I categorize mine as Women’s Fiction because it covers several different types of relationships and doesn’t really have a main genre. Because of that, I’m thinking your novel might fall into the Women’s Fiction genre.

If you’re still looking for a beta reader, I’m interested and would love to help you. I prefer reading in chunks and I’m good at cohesive and finding plot holes. I have about 4 yrs of critique experience and give honest yet constructive critiques.

If you’re interested, let me know via a reply or my personal email is jmkolar@gmail.com.

Best wishes,
    Jane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.