Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Seeking a CP and, as always, Beta readers

Seeking a CP and, as always, Beta readers

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Seeking a CP and, as always, Beta readers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rkissane
    Participant

Hello!
    My current work, and first novel, is a fantasy adventure involving the world as we know it and a world that is full of “mythical” beings. The book seeks to draw together the myths of the world as we know it, the misfortunes that occur in it and an alternate universe from which there are both good and evil elements.
    I am hoping for a critique partner who meets at least one of the following criteria
    1) Is familiar with and interested in a variety of mythology and/or cryptology (or capable of researching it)
    2) Is familiar with a variety of cultures throughout the world
    3) Is familiar with and has insight on world building

This novel is one of a series for which I have a minimum of four novels that may come of it.
    Please let me know if you are interested in CP or being a beta reader for this.

sophyl
    Participant

Hello, I’m also looking for a CP for my fantasy novel series. It’s four years in the planning, and I’m currently half-way through my first novel. The plot revolves around a race inspired by sirens from mythology. I love world-building, and have spent some time on my own completely new world. I am fascinated by other cultures, and several of the cultures in my novel are based off of Norway, Germany, and England.
    I’d love to hear back from you, as I’ve been in a CP search for a while, and your story sounds interesting. 🙂

rkissane
    Participant

Hi there! It sounds like we might mesh pretty well based on what you are describing of your own book and your background in mythology and world building.
    Do you have any preferences on feedback format? Or is there any one particular area you want me to focus my critique on? (ie: content, character/narrator voice, grammar, ethics, flow, or just a helping of everything?)

I have never been or had a CP, I’ve only ever had Beta Readers for my material.
    I have a full time job and am involved in several other activities that pull a good amount of my time, because of that, I have limited time to spend writing etc. With that in mind, I want to set some kind of deadline rules: A week or two to review content and form critique on it is reasonable, what do you think?
    Would you like to swap contact information and swap a chapter or two to see if we think we mesh?

sophyl
    Participant

I have no format preference at all, but I have a review form I created a little while ago, it may need some tweaking but it’s alright. I tend to appreciate feedback that is focused on character development and depth, and I really appreciate it when people tell me when there’s anything off about my plot, because it happens now and then with me. But just a helping of everything would be nice.
    I have had one CP but it didn’t go very far, because she was too busy. So I guess I don’t have much experience.
    I have a part time job, and lots of free time. You can definitely send me more chapters in one time, and if you want I can limit mine to one or two. Around a week and a half would be a good time frame to settle our differences in schedule. I’m sure you wouldn’t be mad if I gave you early feedback anyway!
    I’d love to chat, swap and see how we fit. Shoot me an email, eaton.sophy@gmail.com. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.