Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking a CP/Beta Swap for my 66k word YA Contemporary Novel

Seeking a CP/Beta Swap for my 66k word YA Contemporary Novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking a CP/Beta Swap for my 66k word YA Contemporary Novel

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

sarahara
    Participant

Hello!

I’m seeking a CP or someone to beta swap with. My 66k word YA contemporary novel is polished, but still needs fresh eyes on it before I start querying in the new year.

Query:
    When her dead father is linked to a missing actress, a lonely teenager heads to New York to find the parallel world they’re hiding out in. At least that’s the story she’s telling people. INGRID BAKER’S ALTERNATE ENDING is a 66k word contemporary YA novel with elements of science (not science fiction) and mystery that would appeal to fans of Jasmine Warga’s MY HEART AND OTHER BLACK HOLES and Stephanie Tromly’s TROUBLE IS A FRIEND OF MINE.

Things have gone down the toilet since Ingrid’s physicist dad was murdered last year. Her mom won’t eat, her best friend won’t talk to her, and she’s at a new school where classes feel like they’re for convicts, not ordinary eleventh graders. When her Physics teacher assigns a group project, loner Ingrid teams up with Will, the new guy at school with a mysterious past, and Nadia, the quiet girl with a past written on the bathroom walls. Inspired by her dad, Ingrid suggests parallel worlds as their project topic. She lies to Will and Nadia, telling them her father is missing—not dead—and his disappearance is linked to the headline news of the day: missing actress, Claire Harlow. Ingrid isn’t totally crazy. She did find a business card connecting her dad to Claire Harlow. But Ingrid’s lie balloons as her complicated friendship with Will and Nadia deepens. By the time the three of them sneak off to New York to hunt down a wormhole to an alternate universe, Ingrid is worried that the truth will turn her relationships—with her new friends and her dead father—on their heads.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.