Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Seeking a CP/Writing Buddy for a 100k Fantasy/Adventure/Romance Novel

Seeking a CP/Writing Buddy for a 100k Fantasy/Adventure/Romance Novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Seeking a CP/Writing Buddy for a 100k Fantasy/Adventure/Romance Novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nats
    Participant

Hello friends!

I’m on about the third or fourth draft of my first novel and I could use a pair of unbiased eyes to skim through the thing. While I would, of course, accept any technical suggestions I’m mainly here for the motivation to finish the damn thing so I don’t really want someone to stress over being super in-depth. I need someone to poke me and say “finish the chapter, you butt.” I’d love to be able to give someone feedback on their own story/characters/plot development but I’m a newb and can’t promise that what I have to say will be all that meaningful; I can promise that I have plenty of time and that I’m more than willing to put forth effort to read your work.

Brief description of my book: The frozen northern kingdom of Dohv and its neighbor the prosperous southern Ahmian kingdom have been at odds for centuries but when the Dohvens suddenly open negotiations for peace the Ahmian king sends his most trusted knight, Jonsus Aequilius, to meet the Dohven representative at the border. The woman that the Dohven kingdom sends in the hope of repaying their war debts is a young artist and probably the last of her kind, Ahsa of Rohvlen. Both Jonsus and Ahsa have unique abilities, both are unsure if they can trust one another, but they need to work together against the the evil forces that would destroy both of their homelands.

If you’re interested feel free to message me, and thanks for reading this far!

vinestraz
    Participant

Hi! My working name is Deina. I am also in the middle of writing my first novel, but only on the second round of edits. I really like the sound of your WIP, the beginning is intriguing. I will hopefully have more time to devote to reading and prodding at the end of this week. Speaking of prodding, I could use a good bit of it myself. I am honest and interested in having a relationship where both parties improve in the least painful way possible. My book is a contemporary fiction deeply rooted in mythology. I do my very best to mix genres, and this one turned out similar to a spy novel meeting Percy Jackson meeting Indiana Jones. I have a short story ready to read if you want to do a trial run, this one patterned after a fairytale, but I can’t let well enough alone so I added a very strange narrator.
    If you’re interested, contact me through the site and we can find a good format to trade in.
    Thanks so much for reading this!
    Deina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.