Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking a Short Story Critique/Potential Longer Term Partner

Seeking a Short Story Critique/Potential Longer Term Partner

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking a Short Story Critique/Potential Longer Term Partner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bobblefrog
    Participant

Hi all –

I’m new to writing, going back to school and mostly working on assignments in creative nonfiction. So I am seeking to align with someone who might like to partner for shorter pieces, some eventually fiction. For example this fall I’ll be working on a semester long project of historical fiction based loosely on my great-grandmother’s life as an immigrant.

Currently I have a short (2600-2700 word) memoir piece I’m considering submitting for publication/contest. It’s already been workshopped once. But I’ve since made revisions and I’m hoping for fresh insight. I think memoir is the hardest for me to be objective about because I’m so close to the story. But I’ve learned to check my ego at the door. Just because it’s pestering me to find it a home, doesn’t mean it’s ready 🙂 I will put out there it’s not a light or happy piece.

I’ve been through several semesters of workshopping so I feel I’m fairly solid at giving reviews in a consistent and supportive manner. I’m not sure I can make the time commitment for a book, but I’d be happy to offer critiquing of chapters twice to once a month. I fully believe that my critiquing of others helps me build my own skills and I take it seriously!

I love all genres, and hope one day to write in cozy/fantasy with strong female characters that make underlying statements on cultural themes. Long way from that, though! Just learning the basics now – plot development, scene making, etc.

Hope to meet someone that thinks I’d be a good partner, or another member of their team.

lnorwar1
    Participant

Hi, I’m interested. Email me at lnorwar1@swarthmore.edu and we can talk about it? Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.