Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking Christian CP partners

Seeking Christian CP partners

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking Christian CP partners

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

countryauthor
    Participant

I looked back a few pages of this forum for a similar topic then stopped when posts got to be 3 years old, so I’m starting a new one. I don’t see a genre listed on this site for Christian fiction. My writing isn’t “preachy”, however, it is faith-based and uplifting yet doesn’t shy away from real life. We serve a loving God, but we don’t live in a bubble. I’m having a tough time finding critique partners. I’ve read a few posts here and see I’m not alone.

Anonymous

I’m wondering why we couldn’t have a Christian critique writing group with a name like “Faith Writers” or “Agape Writers” something like that. It would be dedicated to readers and writers who enjoy clean writing – no bad language or erotica.

countryauthor
    Participant

@glendareynolds I’m with you. Let’s start a group!

Anonymous

I don’t even know how to start a group though within Ladies Who Critique. I did good just replying to you. How does one start a group here? Do we notify someone?

countryauthor
    Participant

I’m not sure. Let me look around and see if there’s a way to contact one of the moderators.

Anonymous

I scrolled down to the bottom of the page “Contact Us” and requested a group to be made called “Faith Writers”.

burnistine
    Participant

I’m a christian writer and I’ve had the same experience. I don’t visit this site very often because of the lack of response. I think I’ve been a member here for about 2 years, maybe, and I’ve only received ONE response. And that occurred within the last two months. I’m willing to either start the group or join it. If you need samples of my writing, please visit http://www.awriterfirst.wordpress.com. I’m working on my second novel and I’m very very active in my writing endeavors. Please feel free to contact me at my private e-mail address: creativefiction@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous

Ladies, I have just messaged Ronnie Dauber at wwwlinkedin.com. She has her own monthly short story contests at Aspiring Writers Short Story Competitions and Discussions at this link https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4061083&trk=anet_ug_hm People can create subgroups within a group. I don’t know how that is done; that’s why I emailed her asking her how & for advise. She is a Christian writer. I am also playing around with the settings to weebly.com where I have my own author web site http://glenda-reynolds.weebly.com – I was wondering if file sharing could take place there or copy & paste text. I am still looking into it.

Anonymous

So far, the best way I know how to participate in “faith based” fiction or non-fiction critiquing is to join Linkedin. From there we could email each other or participate in the writing challenges in those forums. We could also share folders from a cloud such as Dropbox. I have a free Dropbox account. It is like having a computer drive you can access from any computer. I keep much of my writing projects on there and have shared with other people. I have named a new folder on there “Faith Writers Who Critique”. So consider doing one of these or both. @countryauthor Let me know what you think (send me your email address) I already have Donna’s aka Burnistine.

countryauthor
    Participant

@glendareynolds, The way I critique is via email. We send each other one chapter at a time every couple of weeks or so. I always use MS Word to create my docs and use the “track changes” feature when I critique. If this works for you, let me know. I also have a Dropbox account, so I’m open to that too.

countryauthor
    Participant

@glendareynolds, I just got a message from Admin. They’re going to add a new genre group for Christian fiction and/or Inspirational fiction. Not sure what they’ll call it. Good news, eh?

Anonymous

@countryauthor Cool. Until then, send me a chapter in a MS Word file. I’ve never critiqued anyone using the track changes. I did however keep a file that someone sent me critiquing a short story of mine. All the changes were in red to the right side. I will give it my best shot; email to glendareynolds2004@yahoo.com

@burnistine Miss Donna, send me some stuff too. Thanks for joining the writing group at Linkedin. I’m looking forward to good things happening.

laura
    Keymaster

Hi all, there is now a Christian Fiction group set up, as requested: http://www.ladieswhocritique.com/groups/christian-fiction/

Could I ask one of you to find a profile photo for the group that works for you? I think Linda/ Glenda you’ll have a good idea of what you want from this group so a royalty-free pic that reflects that would be great.

Best of luck with everything!

Anonymous

I created a photo that may work. I put it in Photobucket in a new folder called “Writer”.
    There are several more images of women reading books or writing in that folder.
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/glendareynolds/Writer/Christian%20Fiction%20Critique%20Group_zps09pwyoxg.jpg

Anonymous

This one is just clip art. It is simple yet interesting.
     photo Writing-Clip-Art_zps0byykdun.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.