Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP/Beta Reader(s) for my Quirky YA Fantasy Rom-Com

Seeking CP/Beta Reader(s) for my Quirky YA Fantasy Rom-Com

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP/Beta Reader(s) for my Quirky YA Fantasy Rom-Com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

mapletwiggs
    Participant

I wrote ‘fantasty’ up there first. And it didn’t look wrong to me. Says a lot about me as a person, doesn’t it?

I am looking for CP/Beta Reader(s) for this odd thing that I wrote that is sort of like manga without art (because I can’t draw even if a Pez-dispenser was angrily held to my head). If you don’t know what manga is, you should probably stop reading here and run away, quickly. Save yourself.

If you’re a fan of absurd, over-the-top immaturity that is occasionally fluffy, occasionally dark, and always a few cards short of a full deck, please continue.

Here’s blurby the thing I wrote to suck would-be-readers in, and trick them into succumbing to my horrendous wordsmithing:

Bitter, narcissistic, and grossly immature, Maple Twiggs decides to write a story. Her characters are hesitant to participate. Stella, a mostly-daft 16 year old girl, doesn’t want to be the heroine of this novel, and most certainly doesn’t want a love interest. Archie, the God of Destruction, is her equally reluctant love interest. Morrow and her sisters want to learn about their forbidden magical abilities. She signs on to help Maple tell this tale, because Maple is a consistently useless author. When Sylvie, Archie’s friend, is trapped inside a painting by a God of Death, she wonders if she should have killed her boyfriend, Ozzie, when she had the chance. Will Stella be able to help Archie save Sylvie? Escape, dear reader, into an arty magical universe that secretly coexists with the mundane world around you.

p.s. This thing is long, so I’m looking for people who aren’t afraid of 160k words.

p.p.s. Feel free to reply to this thread with comments like: “What in the world is this? Are you insane?” I like being continually reassured of my own mental health issues. It’s comforting. Like a warm blankie.

p.p.p.s. Message me or reply here if you are interested. I am willing to be a CP/Beta on your projects, especially if they are quirky-ish. And yes, I do make up words. A lot. On purpose.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.