Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Seeking CP for Character Development

Seeking CP for Character Development

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Seeking CP for Character Development

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

missashleyjean
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am seeking CPs who are thorough and have a handle on character development. Although agents are showing interest in the plot, writing, and pacing of the novel itself, they are having a difficult time getting close to my character. While they *want* to sympathize with her, they just can’t.

Ultimately, I want people to sympathize with a HSP (highly sensitive person) character. However, I don’t want her to come off as too emo, and I want to raise the stakes. She needs to do something drastic, and I’m wondering where in the novel this should happen.

If you feel you’re particularly well-versed in making characters more three-dimensional, I welcome your help. I’m in desperate need!

kriswrites
    Participant

I might be able to help. I’ve recently completed a complete edit with an accomplished professional editor. Seeing my characters through her eyes revealed similar character development issues. I feel that I’ve increased my sensitivity to the concerns you mentioned.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.