Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for completed YA fantasy

Seeking CP for completed YA fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for completed YA fantasy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bethboothy
    Participant

Hi! I’ve recently finished my first novel, a YA fantasy, and I’d love to find someone to give me some feedback on it. Here’s a blurb:
    Friends since childhood, wayward Alec and sturdy reluctant soldier Ty have lived their entire lives within the walls of their strictly ruled town, a town that fears nothing more than two things: magic, which (as far as anyone knows) only belongs to a select few healers and fortune-tellers, and the desolate Wildlands beyond their walls, which (as far as anyone knows) are impassable. Despite recent tragedies for both boys, it seems as though nothing about their life could ever possibly change. Nobody leaves town. That’s all.
    Until, that is, Alec is cursed with magic that shouldn’t exist, and the two friends are forcibly thrust out into a world they have never even seen before to find an entire people who disappeared years ago and save Alec before it’s too late. Along the way they meet Brina, a girl carrying similarly impossible magic who is looking for her own answers, and, wild and unpredictable, she will change everything about their view of their quest and maybe even themselves.
    I’m a big fan of Maggie Stiefvater, Patrick Ness, Sarah Rees Brennan and Victoria Schwab, so that might give you a sense of the kind of thing I’m going for. I’m equally happy to read someone else’s completed project or WIPs – if you want to exchange a chapter just let me know.
    Thanks!

breeanna-pierce
    Participant

Hi there! If you’re still looking for a CP, I also write YA Fantasy, though mine is more in the vein of contemporary storytelling, think HEIR OF FIRE meets VANISHING GIRLS.

I’d love to swap a few chapters to see if we’re a good fit! My email is breeanna.j.pierce@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Bree

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.