Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking CP for Women's Fiction/Contemporary Fiction Novel

Seeking CP for Women's Fiction/Contemporary Fiction Novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking CP for Women's Fiction/Contemporary Fiction Novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ldparker
    Participant

Hello ladies,

I’ve “finished” a manuscript on a coming of age novel about two twenty something women just leaving university looking to find their groove in life both in the arenas of love and career. The story is mostly character and theme driven so it’s not meant to be a thriller per se, but more about the journey the women take over the course of one summer. The story is mostly light-hearted (and partly satirical) although there are sections that are quite serious with a touch of darkness to them. Overall, though, the tone of the novel is a hopeful one.

Ideally, I’d love for a twentysomething person to read this but age is really not a factor if you are game to read it.

A few warnings: Sexual themes (I’d say it’s about 10% R rated), profanity, one act of violence.

The novel is long (about 130K) but is broken up into easy digestible short chapters and the book itself is divided into three parts. I intend to try to shorten this to 110K but right now I am stuck and need feedback.

I’d be happy to read and help you with your MS. I’m not so good with pure genre romance (not my cup of tea) but willing to read other genres, esp with they involve character driven stories or stories about female friendships, family etc. I’m also happy reading YA or NA.

I am new to critiquing but I will try my best. I am more of a big picture person so I won’t be good at fixing grammatical issues but perhaps can help in terms of structure, tension, plot, characters, etc.

jen1
    Participant

Hey, If you’re still looking, I’d love to read yours! I’m nearly a twentysomething (okay, so I’m an early-thirtysomething) and I’m very interested. If you’d like to chat, drop me a line on jensmith817@gmail.com

Jenx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.