Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Contemporary Fantasy

Seeking CP for YA Contemporary Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Contemporary Fantasy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

kelz1990
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m seeking a CP for a YA contemporary fantasy novel I’ve been working on for about 6 years. I had been revising with my mom and dad, who have been honest with me about my book, and some parts had to be changed based on their suggestions. I thought I was ready to query, but I guess I’m still not. At first, I was leery about having to find critique partners, but now I realize I need another set of eyes to see my manuscript, especially since I’m too close to it to catch any flaws it might still have.

Below is a brief synopsis of my manuscript:

Nobody at Gatlinburg-Pittman High can figure out why Maxine, Alyssa, Riley, Sierra, and Carrie are the best of friends. Because of their different personalities and interests, they should be in separate cliques. But when handsome, mysterious Tyler Wolfe enters their lives, they learn they have one thing in common – a deep connection to the five elements of life (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit). The teens are unexpectedly thrust into a group unheard of in the realms of high school called ETDEL, or Elite Teens, Defenders of the Elements of Life. Together, they must stop the sinister, small-banded society of FAEL, the Fighters Against the Elements of Life, from attempting to take control of the Earth element. Conflict quickly spreads like dandelion puffs, and it isn’t just because the girls have to keep ETDEL a secret from their family and friends. As each day passes, FAEL is expanding efforts to take control of not just the Earth element, but all of the elements of life. The girls must juggle their double lives to save the Great Smoky Mountains, and their GPAs.

Please keep in mind that this is the first book in a planned series, and I’d like to have someone work with me (and my next books in this series) long-term. Let me know as soon as possible if you’re interested.

Thanks,

Kelli

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.