Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Fantasy

Seeking CP for YA Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Fantasy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rayeblaire
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a CP to help me out with my YA fantasy novel currently titled OF ICE AND BLOOD.

Here’s my (very rough) query for it:

Seventeen-year-old Atya is a girl born into a country cursed with eternal winter. Yet, despite the snow and ice, she lives a life full of comfort and warmth, never once having to question her place in the upper ranks of society. As the daughter of a royal adviser and the best friend of Princess Ilianna, for Atya, the most pressing concern is what she will wear to the upcoming ball.

Her privileged world is turned upside down in one night when her father is brutally murdered as part of a takeover by a rebel group. To save her and Ilianna’s lives, she must flee to The Realm, a nation of half-human, half-beast creatures called the Godcursed who enslaved their people for over a thousand years.

The longer Atya spends in The Realm, the more she discovers that the Godcursed aren’t the quite the monsters she’d been taught they were. Nor, as she learns, was her father the man she had believed him to be. Lost in a land of danger and adventure, Atya must confront the unraveling secrets of her father while fighting to help the princess reclaim her throne.

I’ve finished a full draft of it, and I’m expecting for the total to be around 93k after I’m done editing. I have 2 out of 3 parts edited and ready for a CP, and expect to finish editing the entire novel in about 2-3 weeks. Naturally I wouldn’t send my CP anything that I haven’t edited thoroughly.

Please let me know if you’re interested, and I’ll send you some sample chapters!

megamery8gmail-com
    Participant

Hi, I like the synopsis of your story, and it sounds like you’re pretty dedicated to it. I’m looking for a critique partner for my first novel in a similar genre. If you’re still looking for a partner, I’d be interested in exchanging a first chapter or two to see if we’re a good fit.

pushash
    Participant

Hey, i have read your synopsis and i am intrigued by what is going to happen. I am looking forward to work with you and i hope you will send me a few chapters. For now i haven’t written anything yet so i could put all my effort into helping you figure out your story.

demurendling
    Participant

Hi! I would love to try critiquing your book! 🙂 I’m writing a YA fantasy myself too and I think I’d be able to see your story with a pair of fresh fantasy-loving eyes 😀
    Your synopsis is really intriguing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.