Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Fantasy

Seeking CP for YA Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Fantasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

haleycomments
    Participant

I am looking for a CP for my YA fantasy novel. It is around 60k at this time (although I still in the process of doing edits myself). I’d love for someone who can give me feedback, either chapter by chapter, or as a whole. I am more concerned about characters and plotting than I am about grammar and line edits (that I know that I can work on if I take the time), but if you notice a super awkward sentence, I’d appreciate if you pointed that out.

I’ve had CPs in the past and I found that exchanging a few chapters at a time worked best, but I’m open to another strategy!

My novel is a YA-fantasy, with multiple POV characters. It’s part mystery story, part adventure.

Nothing too graphic to worry about, beyond some strong language, and a few descriptions injuries and medical treatment. There is some violence, but most of it is not on page.

amberntharris
    Participant

Hello Haley,
    I also write young adult books. Mine is YA Fantasy/Romance. I’m looking for someone to edit content more at this point than I am anything else. Please message me if you’re interested.
    Thank you,
    Amber

brynn
    Participant

Hi, if you’re still looking, I’m hoping to swap chapters with someone as well. I also write YA fantasy – my book is about 80k words. Here’s a brief summary:

When a strange disease kills the entire middle generation of Blue Earth, the tensions between the Aero Empire and Aqua Empire become deadly. The elders are left to raise the young and resources are depleting. People will do anything to survive – including enslaving children.
    After Matia Magnolia is captured by the Aqua empire, she is forbidden to use her connection with the wind to do the only thing she loves: fly. She ignores the rules and practices flying, plotting to escape for years, meanwhile working for the people she was raised to hate. At 14 years old, she is finally able to fly away from the slave camp of Natch. But her best friend is left behind. Alone. Left to be worked to death.

Let me know if you’re interested in trying out a chapter or two to see if we’re a good fit.

Thanks,
    Brynn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.