Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA paranormal thriller

Seeking CP for YA paranormal thriller

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA paranormal thriller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

llmadrid
    Participant

Hi! I’m looking for a critique partner(s) for a YA parnormal-ish thriller. I’m two drafts in and am hoping to get a fresh set of eyes on this. My ideal CP would want to trade a chapter (or about 10-20 pages) a week for edits/comments. If that’s too much, I’d be willing to try every other week. I have eclectic tastes and am open to reading/reviewing most any genre.

About me:

I’m a 33-year-old writer and working mother. I have a handful of short stories published, and I edit a journal of micro-fiction. My writing focus for 2018 is finishing this book—which means making it the best it can be. If you’re interested, email me at llmadrid16@gmail.com, let’s see if we’re a good fit.

About my book:

Copper City is known for the supernatural. Back when the town was ambitious enough to call itself a city, Bloody Grover and his pick-ax claimed the lives of sixteen minors, creating Copper City’s first ghosts. These days, seventeen-year-old musician Zadie Slade spends her time busking on street corners and moonlighting as a dark guide for Graveside Tours. Summoning the dead for a living is hard work, but at least the old ghouls don’t trouble her much.

It’s Mara Quinn, best friend and murder victim, who holds Zadie in the past. The crime remains unsolved without a suspect and with less hope of resolve than when Mara’s body was first discovered in the belly of the mine—the same spot where Bloody Grover abandoned his victims a century ago. Zadie is haunted by her last memory of Mara: A kiss gone wrong, a friendship compromised, and a lingering love.

When twelve-year-old Isabel Walls vanishes on the fifth anniversary of Mara’s disappearance, Mara returns the kiss and delivers a message: Zadie must find and stop the kidnapper before there’s a new ghost in town.

llmadrid
    Participant

***oops, typo! should be miners not minors***
    🙂

bandi
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a YA fantasy which is also a crime story. The first draft is complete. I will be happy to exchange a chapter a week with you.
    I have published a couple of stories under a pen name.
    If you are interested, please mail me at
    jackiebatston@gmail.com
    Regards
    Jackie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.