Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Sci-Fi

Seeking CP for YA Sci-Fi

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP for YA Sci-Fi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

anorthup
    Participant

Hello!

I have a finished draft at 87k of a sci-fi YA. I’ve gone over it a few times, and I’m at the point where I need other eyes to help me mold it into something great. It’s about Carolyn Morgan, the first human inspector in a galaxy where humans are usually only slaves that were stolen from Earth. Her first case’s suspect is a human boy, and it becomes clear that her choices are to agree this boy is guilty, and keep her job and maybe be able to help out a lot of people, or stand by the fact that she doesn’t think he committed the crime and risk scrutiny from above and maybe everything she’s worked for. And other shenanigans happen, of course. I haven’t worked on my query letter yet. And elevator pitching is hard. 🙁

I love YA (obviously) and while I enjoy contemporary YA, I have a big love for sci-fi/fantasy. I think the Lunar Chronicles series was the best YA series from the last 15 years. I’ve also really enjoyed: The Reckoners by Brandon Sanderson, The Rest of Just Live Here, A Gathering of Shadows/A Darker Shade of Magic (not YA, but amazing,) Six of Crows (the new one is coming out soon!) This Savage Song, The Darkest Part of the Forest, and more but those are what come to mind! We don’t have to like the exact same books, but I figure that’s a good sign we like the same things in a story.

I’d really love to meet someone who can be a long-term writing buddy. Let me know if this sounds like something you’d be interested in! I’d be happy to exchange a few chapters at first to see if we’re a good fit.

carolinaflorezc
    Participant

I love YA as well and I’m currently writing 2 YA books! One is a contemporary novel and the other one sort of thriller/mistery/suspense YA!
    Your premise sounds super interesting, I think we should get in contact and see if we’re a good fit and hopefully help each other!!

arishorrocks
    Participant

Hi – I am also a big fan of Victoria Schwab, Maggie Stiefvater, Holly Black, Marissa Meyer etc. My YA is a gothic/supernatural with a touch of the literary thrown in. I would love to exchange a few chapters with you if you are still looking for a CP. – Helen

Anonymous

I too am writing a YA Scifi novel. Mine has a bit of a dystopian feel to it. Although, I havent completed my first draft I have been fleshing out the details over the last 2 years and could use some critiquing. I’d be willing to do a chapter for chapter critique swap if you are interested.

Although I havent read any of the books you like, your story sound right up my ally.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.