Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP/beta for YA Horror/Mystery :)

Seeking CP/beta for YA Horror/Mystery :)

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP/beta for YA Horror/Mystery :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

abigailmbookish
    Participant

Hello Lovelies 🙂
    I’m new here, but in desperate need of betas or critique partners for my completed YA novel. I’m looking for respectful, yet opinionated partners that will give me honest feedback and criticism. I’m hoping to query this to agents soon, so I want my work to be the best it can be, I would appreciate any help I can get.

A little bit about my novel…

The first was Cain Robertson, a seventeen year old loner, stoner, and all around push-over. No one was particularly shocked when he strung himself up in his bathroom one night.
    The second was Luke Fisher, an All-American college freshman with a bright future ahead of him. No one was expecting him to be found hanging from the rafters in his parent’s basement.
    And then there was Wendi Diaz, star of the upcoming middle-school Christmas pageant. She was twelve. Her parents found her in her bedroom, dangling from the ceiling fan.
    Three suicides. Three weeks. No explanations.
    High school senior Gracia Moore has lived in the same small, lakeside town in Michigan her entire life. It was a place with beautiful summer sunsets and tidy lake beaches. A place where the citizens knew each other by name and there was always someone walking along Main Street. It was a safe place, a welcoming place, the place Gracia has always loved to call her home.
    But something is wrong. After a string of unexplained serial suicides, the town is left in a panic. When Gracia accidentally discovers the fourth body, hanging in the high school auditorium, her life spirals into chaos. Plagued by haunting nightmares involving the new guy in town, she realizes that maybe the deaths weren’t suicides after all. Can Gracia figure out what is really happening before someone else dies?

…If anyone is interested, don’t hesitate to message me! There are horror-ish elements to the story, with some scary imagery, but nothing that’s too extreme.
    I’d be more than willing to start off by swapping first chapters, and see where it goes from there!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.