Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Seeking CP(s) for Contemporary/ Action/ Interracial Romance

Seeking CP(s) for Contemporary/ Action/ Interracial Romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Seeking CP(s) for Contemporary/ Action/ Interracial Romance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

charish84
    Participant

I’m looking for a writing partner for the novel I’m writing. I’ve got about 50,000 words so far and still a lot of action to get to. There will be minimal typos, but I’ll sort those out. I’d rather have critical feedback on the content/plot/characters. I can also be a beta reader/cheerleader!

When gutsy journalist, Augusta Harper, decides to restart her writing career at a dying travel magazine, she never expected to work with her former flame, Bryon Connolly. Their whirlwind assignment takes them to underbelly of Bangkok, where they reveal secrets and expose hidden dangers. Can they finally put the past behind them and rekindle the passion thought to be lost forever?

My protagonist, Augusta, is a head-strong, worldly, black journalist. So this is an interracial romance (something I don’t see a lot of). Augusta is also pretty clever and determined. Past assignments have landed her in hot water, but reporting the news is her passion.

Bryon is a bit of a gruff and handsome photo-journalist who is still very much in love with Augusta, but their past break up and his secrets have made it difficult for Augusta to trust him. (He’s a good guy, I swear)

There are some real-world elements in the narrative regarding the Migrant Crisis in Southeast Asia, sex trafficking, and Thai tourism. The setting is present-day-ish and hopefully shines a light on the geo-political issues of Southeast Asia.

Obviously there’s an intense relationship between Augusta and Bryon that involves a lot of “will they/won’t they, ” stolen kisses, and steamy love scenes.

If you’re interested, please contact me at: charish84@gmail.com. I’m always prompt in response.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.