Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP(s) for YA paranormal action/romance.

Seeking CP(s) for YA paranormal action/romance.

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking CP(s) for YA paranormal action/romance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lam83
    Participant

I’m new to the site and seeking a CP for the completed rough draft of my YA novel The Abstract. It tells the story of college freshman, Ivy Samuels, whose dark side becomes human. Ivy soon discovers that an evil world exists outside of her own where beings called Abstracts battle their good counterparts for the choices of mankind. Link, Ivy’s dark side turned man, doesn’t know how he transformed, but the rules of the universe have been broken and together they must discover the cause. It’s a plot difficult to explain; another reason I desperately need a CP! Also willing to give whatever kind of feedback desired: brutally honest or subtle and encouraging.

sarahaspen
    Participant

Hi! I’m a new writer working on my first novel. I have 8 chapters, about 100 pages so far. Your book sounds really interesting. Here’s a blurb of mine. Please let me know if your interested in exchanging a couple of chapters to start.

Wishes of Fire (Fire and Earth book 1 of 3) Synopsis/Blurb:

Everyone knows what happens when you play with fire.

When Ashlynn Weaver releases a jinn from a witch’s lantern and is granted three wishes her first three thoughts are:
    1. Find long lost mother
    2. Bring Auntie Roanna out of her coma
    3. Make Thabo Shade realize he’s in love with me
    All she’s really ever wanted is to live a simple life surrounded by those she loves.

Her introduction to the jinn and other creatures of magic that inhabit our world and the dimension called Mezrah is more like a huge relief than a surprise to Ash. A relief because it means that the encounters she’s been having with some of these creatures are not an indication of insanity. They are really a symptom of the secret connections between her life and the magical world. It’s also no surprise to her that making wishes can be like playing with fire. What is surprising is how good it feels the closer she dances to the flame. While her mind says to be cautious, something in her heart is ready to burn.

Up until her eighteenth birthday, Ashlynn was living the life of a normal teenager in New Florence Beach, Florida, aside from occasional, sometimes frightening, glimpses of supernatural creatures. Then she begins to discover that the people in her life, the ones who matter most to her, are not really what they seem, not Auntie Roanna, not her little sister Noelle, not her best friend and secret crush Thabo, not her substitute mother figure Nausheen, the renter upstairs Mr. Wisnecky, or even herself.

In this new reality where supernaturals abound, it is possible, though uncommon, for a union to occur between the typical natured and the super natured resulting in a binatured offspring. But one union is never supposed to happen. The direct union of a jinn and a human is impossible.

Fire and Earth.

True love can overcome many obstacles. But this is nothing so simple as differences in culture or social status. Combining these two elements generally results in the painful death of the weaker element, namely the human.

Ash just has to wonder, why oh why, it is that she always falls for the guys who are unattainable.

writersherry
    Participant

It sounds more like a NA (new adult) novel, than YA since the characters are college aged.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.