Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking Crit Partner(s) for YA Light Fantasy

Seeking Crit Partner(s) for YA Light Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking Crit Partner(s) for YA Light Fantasy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

j-a-moncrief
    Participant

Looking for Crit/Accountability Partner(s) for a YA Light Fantasy novel that I’m currently working on. Would really love to swap out a chapter or so at a time every other week. I read/write YA Post-Apoc, Dystopian, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi. Please let me know if you are interested.

(Very) Rough Synopsis:

Emelie’s Father was banished to the Waste when she was 6. Her mother died when she was 12, leaving her to take care of her Hecataean brother, Aiden. As a Hecataean, Aiden should have been turned over to the King at age four when the blue flames first flew from his fingers. He wasn’t. Emelie has managed to protect him for the past 6 years, until the night one mistake costs them everything. Aiden is taken into custody and sent to the Reformatory to be reprogrammed and commissioned into the Kings Guard. Emelie is sent into the waste to die. When she is saved by an unlikely group of heroes, she is given an option to join them on their quest to overthrow the King. If she joins, she will be committing the same crimes she has spent her life hating her father for, but if she refuses she will lose the only chance she has to rescue Aiden. Along the way she will discover not only who she is, but who her family is, and that discovery could change everything.

Thanks All! πŸ™‚

lillysaysyes
    Participant

Hi!
    I don’t typically read fantasy, but this plot interested me. Overthrowing kings? I’m in!
    I write speculative historical action/adventure, short stories, and sci-fi/action/adventure. If you’re interested, I’d love to swap out some chapters. I’m on my fourth year of working on a novel set during the renaissance with lots of conspiracy and gunfights. Please contact me if you’re interested!
    Lilly

j-a-moncrief
    Participant

I am interested! πŸ™‚

You can reach me via email at jacquie.monforton@gmail.com, or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jackie.bolton2 (whichever is easiest for you).

We could swap first chapters, and go from there?

demurendling
    Participant

Hi! I’d love to swap stories with you πŸ™‚ My story is a similar fantasy story about people called Aruels with magic abilities and a king who basically hates them and wants to kill them all. I’m sending this from my phone so I can’t post the entire blurb or synopsis but if you’re interested in having a seventeen-year-old fantasy-nerd’s point of view, please contact me πŸ™‚
    author.e.m.redshaw@gmail.com

Oh, and I write ya fantasy and science fiction πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.