Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking critique partner for ballet-heavy novel

Seeking critique partner for ballet-heavy novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Seeking critique partner for ballet-heavy novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Claudial
    Participant

I’m trying to revise a first draft of a novel whose genre I’m loosely classifying as “psychological drama”, with romantic and crime elements. There’s a lot of ballet in it too. Unfortunately, my experience of doing ballet is limited to about 6 months when I was five… Nevertheless, I don’t actually require a critique partner who knows anything about ballet, just one who has a tolerance for lots of scenes in dance studios etc..

If you help me review this (mostly for plot/structure/characterisation) rather than SPAG or style, I’d be happy to help you with … pretty much anything really. My reading tastes are eclectic. I’m a Quantum Physics PhD student by day, so might be especially helpful to all you sci-fi writers out there.

Interested? Let me know and I can give you more details.

katje
    Participant

When talking about psychological drama — are we thinking Black Swan (sorry, the ballet probably triggered that comparison), or are we thinking Stephen King?
    The fact that I need to ask might mean I’d be a not-great candidate for help, but if you’re not running screaming yet, I’d be happy for more detail.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.